Hi. I'm Todd Brogowski.
I am a freelance writer and photographer who creates content for publications and helps businesses create content that sells their products and services. I didn’t always do this, though.
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Before my work as a writer, I was in the US Army and The Boeing Company, doing intelligence and private security work. While in the military, I served in the Intelligence and National Security Command (INSCOM) and the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC). In 2010, I received the Bronze Star while on mission in Iraq. I am a disabled veteran, and received an Honorable Discharge from the US Army in 2013.
I loved doing my job in the military and as a private security personnel, but I had always wanted to be a writer. Growing up, the stories of John Steinbeck and Edward Abbey were close companions. Finally, in 2017, with the support of my wife and our team of dogs, I began Todd’s Written Word, LLC. In 2019, we moved to Colorado, and I rebranded my business as Tradecraft Writing.
My clients have included professional sports teams, outdoor manufacturers, publications, retail businesses, and financial service providers.
Want to talk shop?
Feel free to check out my contact page for the best ways to reach me.
My Curriculum Vitae (If You’re Not Into The Whole Brevity Thing)
- 2020 - Guest Lecturer, Northwest University, Anything You Say Can Be Used Against You: Legal Concepts for Digital Marketing and Web Development
- 2020 - New Mexico Press Association Award, Business Writing, An Employee's Tragic Death Uncovers a Company's Unsafe Practices
- 2020 - Features Writer, World Journal Newspaper
- 2019 – Guest Lecturer, National Association of Social Workers, The Entrepreneurial Therapist Continuing Professional Education Series
- 2019 – Facebook Certified Planning Professional
- 2018 – Guest Lecturer, Seattle Pacific University, Ethics, Compliance, and Digital Marketing
- 2018 – Google Academy for Ads, Digital Sales Certification
- 2018 – HubSpot, Inbound Marketing Certification
- 2018 – Public Information Officer, Team Rubicon response to floods in Washington State and Oregon; and Team Rubicon response to wildfires in Colorado; managed outreach to news media and government agencies
- 2017-2018 – Marketing Manager, Team Rubicon, a non-profit disaster relief organization run by US Military veterans; managed graphic design team, social media team, and photographic team responsible for marketing volunteer efforts, recruitment, and donor relations for Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, North Dakota, and South Dakota
- 2017 – Todd’s Written Word, LLC, founded
- 2017 – Cornell University, Post-Graduate Certification in Digital Marketing
- 2015 – Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional, Society for Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- 2015 – Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- 2013-2017 – The Boeing Company, Office of Internal Governance
- Drafted policy articles encouraging ethical behavior and corporate compliance for publications with 250,000 readers
- Drafted employee policies for conducting investigations into ethical misconduct
- Threat Management Focal – used psychological and intelligence-based techniques to identify potential workplace violence suspects based on Social Media, digital forensics, and onsite investigations, learn their plan for violence, and neutralize that plan for all Boeing facilities in Washington State
- Corporate Investigator – identified parties involved in the use and distribution of narcotics on Boeing property and assisted in their apprehension and prosecution through the use of Social Media and digital forensics
- 2006-2013 – US Army, Military Intelligence Branch, Human Intelligence (undercover source operations and interrogations) Military Occupational Specialty
- Honorably Discharged Disabled Veteran
- Selected by the Joint Special Operations Command for counter-terrorism operations in the Middle East
- Selected by the Intelligence and National Security Command and the Defense Intelligence Agency for intelligence missions in Asia
- 2010 – Awarded the Bronze Star for combat operations in Iraq
- Unclassified Military Jacket/Enlisted Record Brief available upon request
- 2003-2006 – Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, PC – criminal defense litigation and marketing for law firm litigation department
- 2001-2003 – Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, PC – family law and criminal defense litigation
- Author and Editor, New Jersey Family Law Digest (NJ Bar Association Publications, 2001-2003 editions)
- 1998-2001 – Georgetown University, Doctorate of Law
- Associate Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- 1994-1998 – Boston College, BA, Psychology/Cognitive Science
- Associate Editor, Stylus Magazine